Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Blog Comments 2.

Blog Comments on NussbaumOnDesign; Is Apple innovative or just Adaptive?


I don't know the answer to this question, but the probing questions and points Nussbaum raises intrigue me. What is the definition of innovation? I do think that Apple is innovative, but that's from a design perspective. Many of the dissenting comments on this post concern Apple's innovation (or not) in terms of techonology, and I certainly do not know enough about that to decide. Apple is one of the first companies to integrate creative design into every aspect of their business, from sleek product and package design to aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly web design. From what I've heard, its even pleasant to work in an Apple office because of the interior design! In their use of design in a corporate atmosphere, Apple is certainly innovative.

No comments: