Two important elements of design:
- denotative-the factual, descriptive aspect of a design
- connotative-the suggestive aspect of a design, the feeling a design invokes
- Serif fonts -have "feet" on the letters. Gives a more decorative, elaborate, and traditional feel.
- Sans Serif fonts- do not have "feet." More contemporary and corporate.
Programs to know:
Adobe Photoshop-raster based
- softer lines, uses pixels on a grid system, distorts when enlarged
- sharp lines, ability to be enlarged well
- a duopoly of the two methods
it·er·ate /ˈɪtəˌreɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[it-uh-reyt]
-to do something over again repeatedly
Designers often iterate within their designs.